READ Workbench was developed with an open source technology stack:
- PostgreSQL as the database repository, backend development in PHP using Laravel framework and UI development using the Materialize CSS framework. Import libraries have been developed in PHP to support flexible and configurable import from resource templates to generate and populate entities in READ.
- The Text Alignment workflow is supported by templates (WP and spreadsheet) for text and model resources. The text resource may also be derived from structured data sources through custom configuration of the Workbench interface to the READ Import Parser feature. The model resource may be flexibly configured from a JSON format file to map spreadsheet table input to READ entities.
- The Analysis Registration workflow is supported by spreadsheet templates which may be extended and adapted to support bespoke sequence and annotation structures and analysis ontologies.
READ Workbench has been developed by Prakaś since June 2016.
- Platform design – Ian McCrabb
- Technical design and development – Yang Li
The TextBase methodology and supporting content has been designed by McCrabb and developed by Prakaś since June 2017.
- Methodology, process and site design – Ian McCrabb
- Procedure and standards development – Stephanie Majcher
- Procedure and site development – Isobel Andrews
Copyright to READ Workbench is held by Prakaś. Copyright to the methodology and site content is held by McCrabb and Prakaś.
Special acknowledgment to the members of the READ KKLUB working group for their review and feedback on all aspects of the platform and methodology. Particular thanks to Tim Lenz, Joe Marino and Mike Skinner.